Cassie’s Lushious Lentil Recipe
Despite some reluctance from the children initially, this dish is now a firm favourite!
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 chopped cloves garlic
- thick slice of butter
- 300g puy lentils
- 1/2 litre water or vegetable stock
- 2 tablesp Marmite
- few sprigs of thyme or 1 tablesp dried thyme
- black pepper and salt
- Gently fry onions and garlic in butter until light brown.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer, lid on, for 40 mins or until lentils are cooked. Serve with grated cheddar.
- ALTERNATIVELY add 200g of grated cheddar and bake in an ovenproof dish covered for around 2 hours at 150c/gas 5. (Check it doesn’t dry out, add more water if necessary.)