Makes 16 slices in a 22cm square tin
100g demerera sugar
4 tablespoons of syrup
250g porridge oats
50g plain flour (or coconut as an alternative)
(Add 50g pumpkin/sunflower seeds/raisins if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and grease the tin well.
- Melt butter, sugar and syrup over a low heat stirring until dissolved, then remove from heat.
- Mix in oats and flour.
- Add seeds/raisins if required
- Press into the tin and bake for 15-20 mins until brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and cut into slices while still in the tin.
- Remove from tin when cool.