Banana Cake Recipe
Paige, Magnus, Samuel and Tess made this delicious banana cake when a local headteacher came to visit. It’s a great way to use up over ripe bananas.
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- pinch of salt
- 115g butter
- 115g dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs beaten
- 500g mashed over ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- Grease and line the bottom of a cake tin.
- Combine flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Stir in the eggs and mashed bananas.
- Fold in the flour and pour into the tin.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until springy to touch.