Time for change…
The Treehouse School is an alternative, non fee paying primary school, where children’s happiness is paramount; where the curriculum is bespoke, designed around children’s needs and interests; where there is a commitment to outdoor learning and hands on experiences; where children are motivated and inspired; where all children are successful as individuality is valued; where respect for the environment and healthy lifestyles are honed…The Treehouse School.
We believe children are entitled to memorable and enjoyable Primary Years.
New School Eco-Build
The Treehouse Trust was created in 2011 by two former senior teachers aiming to create an alternative primary school in which children of all abilities and from all backgrounds would thrive.
In September 2012 against the odds and despite receiving no funding from the Government or through charging fees, the charity opened a unique primary school. The Treehouse School is not a government funded “Free School” and depends entirely on donations and volunteers. It is the first of its kind.
Due to its success and a constant stream of enquiries from parents seeking an improved alternative education for their children, the Trustees are now planning to expand through the construction of a new purpose-built eco school.
To find out more about our plans please click here.
- RUBBISH ART EXHIBITION…We are always on the look out for new fundraising ideas. Our latest, evolved in response to one of the children’s ideas. Having watched Blue Planet II, this child unsolicited, made some posters to raise awareness of the impact of plastic on sea creatures. This led to much discussion amongst the Gang and ultimately action. […]
- Treehouse 10K and Bunny Run 2018…Was quite simply the best yet. The number of runners had doubled both for the main event and the Bunny Run; we had over 60 supporters from the village helping it to run smoothly; the organisation was fantastic; in line with Treehouse values no unnecessary plastic or packaging was used this year; and early indicators […]
- Only 8 days to go until The Treehouse 10k!The secret’s out…..!! Look who is joining the Treehouse Run this year. This Stormtrooper surprised the Treehouse children in their PE lesson this week and challenged them to a little run. He will be joining us on Sunday 29th April. Can you, or your little one run faster than a Stormtrooper??? Come and find out.
- We are still here!Doing great work, which currently doesn’t often leave any time to write about it! So just a few photos from Friday so that you get the general idea… Creating primary years that are memorable…
- January In Pictures…No time to blog recently. Maybe a few pictures will begin to explain why… Anna, a teacher from the Cayman Islands, visited when the term started… Inspired by ‘Blue Planet II’ we all became very interested in litter… As we turned some of the litter into pictures, the idea of a ‘Rubbish Art’ Exhibition presented […]