Time for change…
The Treehouse School is an alternative, non fee paying primary school, where children’s happiness is paramount; where the curriculum is bespoke, designed around children’s needs and interests; where there is a commitment to outdoor learning and hands on experiences; where children are motivated and inspired; where all children are successful as individuality is valued; where respect for the environment and healthy lifestyles are honed…The Treehouse School.
We believe children are entitled to memorable and enjoyable Primary Years.
New School Eco-Build
The Treehouse Trust was created in 2011 by two former senior teachers aiming to create an alternative primary school in which children of all abilities and from all backgrounds would thrive.
In September 2012 against the odds and despite receiving no funding from the Government or through charging fees, the charity opened a unique primary school. The Treehouse School is not a government funded “Free School” and depends entirely on donations and volunteers. It is the first of its kind.
Due to its success and a constant stream of enquiries from parents seeking an improved alternative education for their children, the Trustees are now planning to expand through the construction of a new purpose-built eco school.
To find out more about our plans please click here.
- Treehouse Pancake Race 2019!Today we had our annual Pancake Race and local residents, old and young, came and joined us. We had nine different categories from Year 6 down to pre-school. There were also two adult races. The race begins in the middle of our village and goes around a small green called The Forty. You have to […]
- Our Visit to Otmoor…On Friday 1st March we went to an RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) nature reserve called Otmoor. We were shown round by Roger and Brian. The purpose of our visit was to find out about different types of birds. Some of the birds we manage to observe were goldfinches, woodpeckers, herons, Canada geese […]
- Our Visit to the Baptist Church…This week at The Treehouse we went to a Baptist Church in Wallingford and were guided through our tour, by the minister, Esther. We went to the church because some of our pupils, introduced us to it, as their family worship there. When we got to the church we were detectives and had to find […]
- Kung Hei Faat Choi…Do you celebrate Chinese New Year? Do you know any facts about it? I do! This year it is celebrated today, on the 5th February and it is the Year of the Pig. The date changes every year because the Chinese use a different calendar, the calendar is called the lunar calendar. At Chinese New […]
- Our Indian Pals…When our friend Emily came to the Treehouse School, we had an Indian workshop, following her work with Moparru Orphanage in India. She asked The Gang if we wanted pen pals and of course we said, ‘YES!’ My pen pal is 8 years old and his name is Yaswanth. When I read his letter I […]