Time for change…
The Treehouse School is an alternative, non fee paying primary school, where children’s happiness is paramount; where the curriculum is bespoke, designed around children’s needs and interests; where there is a commitment to outdoor learning and hands on experiences; where children are motivated and inspired; where all children are successful as individuality is valued; where respect for the environment and healthy lifestyles are honed…The Treehouse School.
We believe children are entitled to memorable and enjoyable Primary Years.
New School Eco-Build
The Treehouse Trust was created in 2011 by two former senior teachers aiming to create an alternative primary school in which children of all abilities and from all backgrounds would thrive.
In September 2012 against the odds and despite receiving no funding from the Government or through charging fees, the charity opened a unique primary school. The Treehouse School is not a government funded “Free School” and depends entirely on donations and volunteers. It is the first of its kind.
Due to its success and a constant stream of enquiries from parents seeking an improved alternative education for their children, the Trustees are now planning to expand through the construction of a new purpose-built eco school.
To find out more about our plans please click here.
- Kung Hei Faat Choi…Do you celebrate Chinese New Year? Do you know any facts about it? I do! This year it is celebrated today, on the 5th February and it is the Year of the Pig. The date changes every year because the Chinese use a different calendar, the calendar is called the lunar calendar. At Chinese New […]
- Our Indian Pals…When our friend Emily came to the Treehouse School, we had an Indian workshop, following her work with Moparru Orphanage in India. She asked The Gang if we wanted pen pals and of course we said, ‘YES!’ My pen pal is 8 years old and his name is Yaswanth. When I read his letter I […]
- Filming ‘The Litter Rap’…Today we recorded a rap for the Film Festival. It is called ‘The Litter Rap’. We hope you will hear it and like it and put your rubbish in the bins. Laura Lee came to help us because she is good at singing and on the computers. She let us use her microphone and camera […]
- We The Curious…Are you interested in science? Do you want to learn how to create an animation? Have you ever wondered what it would be like inside a womb? Take a trip to We The Curious in Bristol: a science museum which includes experiments such as how water molecules are made, interactive displays and an exciting trip […]
- I Miss You…A year four member of the Gang recently read a poem called I Miss You by A F Harrold. She enjoyed it so much, she decided to write her own version in her reading journal. She shared it with us, we thought it was so amazing, we would share it with you. So here it […]