Time for change…
The Treehouse School is an alternative, non fee paying primary school, where children’s happiness is paramount; where the curriculum is bespoke, designed around children’s needs and interests; where there is a commitment to outdoor learning and hands on experiences; where children are motivated and inspired; where all children are successful as individuality is valued; where respect for the environment and healthy lifestyles are honed…The Treehouse School.
We believe children are entitled to memorable and enjoyable Primary Years.
New School Eco-Build
The Treehouse Trust was created in 2011 by two former senior teachers aiming to create an alternative primary school in which children of all abilities and from all backgrounds would thrive.
In September 2012 against the odds and despite receiving no funding from the Government or through charging fees, the charity opened a unique primary school. The Treehouse School is not a government funded “Free School” and depends entirely on donations and volunteers. It is the first of its kind.
Due to its success and a constant stream of enquiries from parents seeking an improved alternative education for their children, the Trustees are now planning to expand through the construction of a new purpose-built eco school.
To find out more about our plans please click here.
- I Miss You…A year four member of the Gang recently read a poem called I Miss You by A F Harrold. She enjoyed it so much, she decided to write her own version in her reading journal. She shared it with us, we thought it was so amazing, we would share it with you. So here it […]
- Brightstorm…Uni scopes, flying goggles, compasses and a map, are all useful when on a sky ship adventure! The wonderful Vashti Hardy, author of Brightstorm visited The Treehouse on Friday, which all the children thoroughly enjoyed. The pupils (in small groups) all made amazing sky ships to show Vashti. Vashti talked to us about how she got into writing. […]
- Book ClubPoems, novels, story books and scripts, are all read on Wednesday afternoon in Book Club… Have you ever tried to read a nonsense poem? Or have you ever tried to act out a play with friends or family? This week, some of the parents of children in Lee’s Book Club, came to watch their children […]
- A Taste of Summer at The Treehouse…Sorry, no posts of late, we have been a bit busy. But please enjoy a taste of our Summer Term in pictures… The Treehouse is always a wonderful place to be, but particularly lovely in the Summer months…
- RUBBISH ART EXHIBITION…We are always on the look out for new fundraising ideas. Our latest, evolved in response to one of the children’s ideas. Having watched Blue Planet II, this child unsolicited, made some posters to raise awareness of the impact of plastic on sea creatures. This led to much discussion amongst the Gang and ultimately action. […]