Time for change…
The Treehouse School is an alternative, non fee paying primary school, where children’s happiness is paramount; where the curriculum is bespoke, designed around children’s needs and interests; where there is a commitment to outdoor learning and hands on experiences; where children are motivated and inspired; where all children are successful as individuality is valued; where respect for the environment and healthy lifestyles are honed…The Treehouse School.
We believe children are entitled to memorable and enjoyable Primary Years.
New School Eco-Build
The Treehouse Trust was created in 2011 by two former senior teachers aiming to create an alternative primary school in which children of all abilities and from all backgrounds would thrive.
In September 2012 against the odds and despite receiving no funding from the Government or through charging fees, the charity opened a unique primary school. The Treehouse School is not a government funded “Free School” and depends entirely on donations and volunteers. It is the first of its kind.
Due to its success and a constant stream of enquiries from parents seeking an improved alternative education for their children, the Trustees are now planning to expand through the construction of a new purpose-built eco school.
To find out more about our plans please click here.
- A Walk to Wittenham Clumps…We decided to walk to Wittenham Clumps from Cholsey because it was our Year Sixes last forest school and we wanted to make it memorable. We all set off with a determined attitude towards the hike ahead of us. In groups of three we were given a map that we would refer to at points […]
- Matilda the Musical…Last week the Treehouse Gang took the minibus to London to see Matilda the Musical. This was because our Year 6s will be leaving and it was a final treat. It was quite a long journey so lots of people brought games to play on the way. I played Hangman and others played Top Trumps. […]
- The New Gang are Coming…I must tell you about two new pupils who we will be welcoming to The Treehouse in September. Our new Gang members are O and J. They are young, so we will need to help them step up from their old schools. O and J joined us for their taster Forest School day on Friday. […]
- Making Music in the Woods…Each Friday we have Forest School and each week we pick a different location. This week we went to Lollingdon and met a musical artist. His name is Chris Holland. Chris taught us how to make musical instruments out of wood and he also showed us how to use the natural world as an inspiration […]
- Wallingford Carnival 2019…On Saturday 15th June we decorated a float for Wallingford Carnival. Our float was Charlie’s Golden Years. We put lollipops, grass, the big ‘W’, the big chocolate bar and the big boiled sweets on the lorry that we were going to ride on. We all wore our costumes from the play. I was Amelia and […]